LEGO Minecraft The Nether 21106.(lego)

Lego Minecraft - a great combination, September 9, 2013
By FreeSpirit

This "micro" set is a great combination of Lego and Minecraft. It's different from regular Lego sets, it has mostly simple 1x1s and is a much smaller set once assembled (the box is only 3" in length, width, and depth). We bought the Nether and the Village - both sets are great. You can customize modules once constructed, this gives great flexibility with the set. The sets are simple yet don't feel as repetitive as some other Lego sets. Once constructed, the modules are remarkably stable given the smaller frame.

It would be great to have the entire collection, but at $35 a set, it adds up to be quite expensive. Price and availability of these sets seems to be varying quite a bit. I did a fair amount if research and it seems $33-$37 is the range in which these sets typically sell. If they are out of stock, they come back in stock pretty quick, so it might be better to wait for stock rather than pay higher prices (I have seen these selling for as much as $60!).

Great Lego Micro Kit, December 17, 2013
By Nightingales (Atlanta, GA)

I love this kit and want to try to address some of the negative reviews here - they all seem to be from people who complain it is too small and too expensive. First of all, this is a Lego MICRO set. Micros are a new type of Lego that is way smaller (in scale) than the regular Lego's. So you have Lego Duplo - Lego - Lego Micro in that size order. When I order a regular Lego set, I don't complain that I didn't get a box as big as the Lego Duplo blocks!
Also, as a Micro set, they rate it for kids 10 years and older. Don't buy this for your 5 year old and then complain that its too tough for him/her!
Secondly, this contains 400 pieces. That is more than the regular Lego boxes priced around $40 contain (280 pieces in example). I think its clear that the price goes mainly with the quantity of the pieces, not with the size of the pieces.
I expected a tiny miniature kit that would recreate the Minecraft world and be a bit challenging to put together for my son and me. And I feel I got exactly what I had hoped for!
-lego-